Wayne South falls short
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on June 17, 2009 1:46 PM
ROCKY MOUNT -- Rocky Mount pushed across an unearned run in the bottom of the seventh inning and defeated Wayne County South 6-5 in American Junior Legion baseball game Tuesday evening.
Zach Grantham belted a two-run homer for Wayne South and finished with three RBI. Taylor Brock (RBI) and Kevin Wise each contributed two hits. Duane Gurganus and Corey Howell each added hits.
Will Broadwell got the start on the mound for Wayne South and allowed five runs (one earned) on six hits. He fanned one Rocky Mount batter and issued three walks.
Gurganus relieved Broadwell and took the pitching loss.
Wayne County South (7-4 overall) visits Wilson today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series