Wayne County South falls to Wilson
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on June 18, 2009 1:55 PM
WILSON -- Wayne County South fell victim to the error bug once again in a 9-8, 10-inning loss to Wilson on Wednesday night.
The visitors allowed four unearned runs in the defeat.
Taylor Brock paced Southern Wayne effort at the plate with a three-hit effort that included his second grand slam of the season. Kevin Wise tallied four hits on the night and scored three runs.
Starting pitcher Coey Howell lasted 2 1/3 innings after allowing three runs, two of which were earned. Will Raynor, Duane Gurganus and Cody Davis also pitched in relief.
Davis suffered the mound defeat.
Southern Wayne (7-5 overall) entertains C.B. Aycock tonight at 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series