David Thornton camp starts Saturday
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on June 23, 2009 1:46 PM
For the past three years, NFL linebacker David Thornton -- a native of Goldsboro and a University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill graduate -- has partnered with the Boys & Girls Club of Wayne County and several local businesses to provide a memorable camp experience for hundreds of youth from Goldsboro and surrounding communities.
The fourth annual David Thornton Football Camp is scheduled for Saturday at Goldsboro High School and is free of charge to interested youth ages 8-18.
With the help of local businesses, this camp offers Wayne County youth ages 8-18 the opportunity to enjoy a unique camp experience free of charge. Registration forms are currently available at the Boys & Girls Club of Wayne County and all participants must be pre-registered.
For more information, telephone 735-2358.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series