Narron hooks Mudcats
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on July 23, 2009 1:50 PM
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. -- Former East Carolina left-hander and Goldsboro native Sam Narron allowed one unearned run over 72/3 innings as the Huntsville stars defeated the Carolina Mudcats 6-1 on Wednesday night.
Narron allowed five hits, struck out seven and didn't issue a walk. He surrendered just three hits over the first seven innings.
The Mudcats scored in the eighth when Carson Kainer reached on an error to lead off the inning. Kainer eventually scored on a two-out single to center field to make it 6-1.
A 15th-round draft pick in 2002, Narron improved to 1-0 with the Stars since joining the Milwaukee Brewers' Double-A team from Triple-A Nashville on July 13.
Other Local Sports
- Fishing report
- OUTDOORS - Alligator Access
- Moore-designed layout covers 7,000 yards
- Opinion -- BCS needs re-evaluating
- Local golf
- Reaves era ends, coach taking family to Cornhusker State
- The World's best: Coley, Team USA bring home gold Cup
- N.C. fishing report
- Floating rigs needed to catch flounder
- Trojan memorabillia on display in Hall