MOC sports update
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on September 8, 2009 1:46 PM
MOC Sports Information
KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. -- Mount Olive College golfers Scott Woodard and Pete Skirpstas are tied among the top competitors after opening-round play of the USC Aiken/Kiawah Island Invitational on Monday.
Woodard finished tied for 27th overall with a 3-over par 75. Skirpstas shares 31st place after a first-round 76. Teammates Fabrizio Ceppi (78) and Ryan Campbell (79) are tied for 47th and 51st, respectively.
Kyle Simpson carded an 83.
The Trojans compiled a team score of 308, one shot behind 12th-place Washburn (Kan.).
The 36-hole tournament concludes today.
MOUNT OLIVE -- An early-season, regional men's soccer contest between Mount Olive and Wingate University has been postponed until Oct. 19.
A slow-moving front off the North Carolina coast dumped rain throughout Monday and forced the game to be rescheduled.
The Trojans are 2-0-0 this season and have outscored the opposition 9-2. They entertain perennial Division III power Methodist University at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Other Local Sports
- Southern Wayne nets tennis victory over Rosewood
- Youth movement: Southern Wayne learning lessons in practice, during games
- Are preseason troubles sign of things to come for Carolina?
- Gallardo's goal lifts MOC men at home
- Warriors knock out North Johnston
- C.B. Aycock, Spring Creek battle to 2-2 draw
- Local Preps Digest
- Spring Creek stops Raiders
- MOC golf finishes ninth