Local Preps Digest
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on January 6, 2010 1:46 PM
RED OAK -- Charles B. Aycock outscored Northern Nash 21-7 in the third quarter and picked up a 61-50, non-conference road win on Tuesday evening.
Isaac Ryals finished with 19 points, four steals and three rebounds for the Golden Falcons. Brandon Winford provided 16 points, 12 rebounds and two blocked shots. Dontay Gills had eight points.
Aycock (11-1 overall) begins Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference play at North Lenoir on Friday.
WILSON -- Princeton rolled past the Eastern N.C. School for the Deaf, 70-27, on Tuesday evening.
T.J. Wilson paced the Bulldogs with 13 points. Patrick Jacobs chipped in 10 points and seven rebounds. David Gurganus added nine points and five assists.
Matt Williamson had nine points.
Princeton (6-6 overall) opens Carolina 1-A Conference play on Friday night at home against Spring Creek.
Faith Christian was dealt a 63-45 setback by Neuse Baptist on Tuesday night.
David Sladick led the Conquerors with 17 points and Nick Caudle had seven points.
Faith (3-5) is competing in the Tabernacle Invitational this weekend in Monroe.
WILSON -- Princeton earned a 41-36 victory at the Eastern N.C. School for the Deaf on Tuesday evening.
Megan Gerrell led the Bulldogs with nine points. Jenna Aycock, Maegan Myers and Tylan George each supplied points. George also pulled down 15 rebounds.
Shawqana Green paced the School for the Deaf with 27 points.
Princeton (3-10 overall) entertains Spring Creek on Friday night.
ROCKY MOUNT -- Northern Nash defeated Charles B. Aycock 35-25 on Tuesday night.
Imari Howell and Courtney Sheeks each finished with nine points for the Golden Falcons.
Aycock (6-6 overall) travels to North Lenoir on Friday.
* Boys' basketball: Faith Christian 40, Neuse Baptist 38 -- Wes Caudle provided 11 points for the Conquerors and Mark Park pitched in 10 points.
* Boys' basketball: Northern Nash 48, C.B. Aycock 31 -- Marques White scored nine points for the Golden Falcons and Tony Gardner added eight. Aycock (4-5 overall) visits North Lenoir on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Price pumps in game-high 20 points as Gator girls beat Princeton
- Eagle grapplers shut out Rams; Hunt slips past Southern Wayne
- Southern Wayne boys open ECC play victorious
- Southern Wayne-Hunt wrestling box
- Rosewood-Greene Central wrestling box
- Friday's prep basketball boxes
- Anderson women deal MOC second conference loss of season
- Easley leads MOC men past Anderson
- Goldsboro boys start strong against North Duplin
- C.B. Aycock boys open ECC play with road win