Easley blitzes LMC for 30 points
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on January 23, 2010 11:10 PM
BANNER ELK -- Preseason All-American candidate Kendrick Easley, coming off his lowest-scoring output of the season, rediscovered his offensive groove Saturday afternoon.
Held to seven points just three days ago against archrival Barton, Easley poured in a game-high 30 points as Mount Olive drilled in-state rival Lees-McRae 90-73 in Conference Carolinas play.
Easley converted 10 of 22 shots from the floor, grabbed five rebounds and dished out a team-high four assists. Craig Hayes contributed 13 points on 6 of 10 shooting, while Brandon Allen just missed a double-double with 10 points and eight rebounds.
The Trojans (12-4 overall) extended their win streak to eight games and improved to 10-0 against conference opposition this season. MOC collected 17 points off 17 Bobcat turnovers.
Lees-McRae fell to 2-14 overall and 1-8 in the league.
Mount Olive returns home Thursday for a conference contest against in-state rival St. Andrews. Tip-off is 7:30 p.m. at Kornegay Arena.
Other Local Sports
- Greenfield tops Wayne Christian
- James Kenan routs Lakewood boys
- Local digest
- Prep basketball boxscores
- MOC downs Converse
- OPINION: Caolina 1-A too close to call
- Southern Wayne boys ride 24-0 run, rout county rival Eastern Wayne
- McIntyre pours in 25 points, helps Warriors pick up 1st ECC win of season
- Southern Wayne-Eastern Wayne boxes
- Farrell gets No. 100; Aycock splits dual tri-meet