By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on February 9, 2010 1:46 PM
Wayne Country Day athletics officials recognized two 1,000-point scorers and captured a non-conference sweep over Upper Room on Monday evening.
The Chargers' Reco McCarter surpassed the milestone with a 12-point effort in a 62-61 victory. McCarter capped his double-double with 10 rebounds.
Brandon McCarter chipped in 12 points and six rebounds.
On the girls' side, Catherine Ford achieved the feat with a 29-point outing in a 60-36 rout. Kim Martell and Mack Thompson contributed 14 and eight points, respectively.
Faith Christian ended regular-season play with a 59-51 victory over N.C. Christian Schools Association 2-A foe Trinity Christian-Greenville on Monday evening.
David Sladick paced the Conquerors with 21 points, while Chris Powell added 15 points.
Faith Christian (13-6 overall) will now have to wait to see who it plays in the opening round of the NCCSA playoffs on Thursday night.
FAYETTEVILLE -- Wayne Christian suffered a 68-52 defeat at Carolina Christian 1-A Conference foe Northwood Temple on Monday night.
Taylor Johnson led the Eagles with 13 points and Taurell Singletary added 10 points. Chandler Harrell finished with eight markers and 12 rebounds.
Wayne Christian (3-14 overall) will play host to Trinity of Raleigh in the opening round of the Carolina Christian Conference tournament on Thursday.
FAYETTEVILLE -- Wayne Christian never got its offense on track in a 51-35 loss to Carolina Christian 1-A rival Northwood Temple on Monday night.
Hanna Kaler paced the Eagles with 14 points and nine rebounds. Kaitlyn Kosuda added nine points and six boards.
Wayne Christian (10-7 overall) resumes play Friday in the CCC tournament.
Faith Christian concluded its regular season with a 31-23 victory over N.C. Christian Schools Association 2-A opponent Trinity Christian-Greenville on Monday night.
Charity Spencer led the Conquerors offensively with 10 points. Christina Powell added nine points and Madison Caudle chipped in eight points.
* Boys' basketball: Faith Christian 32, Trinity Christian 17 -- Brandon Jones paced the Conquerors with 14 points. Faith Christian finished the season 14-1 overall.
Other Local Sports
- Basketball game schedule for tonight changed due to weather
- prep basketball boxes
- Barton knocks off Moc women
- Easley's 3-pointer lifts Mount Olive past Barton
- Rosewood grapplers working toward achieving 2010 goals
- North Lenoir boys stay in playoff chase
- Local Preps Digest
- Hobbs successfully defends state 3-A crown
- Saints splits season series with C.B. Aycock
- MOC men, Barton women face high stakes