MOC netters take two from Mount St. Joseph
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on March 7, 2010 1:50 AM
MOC Sports Information
CINCINNATI, OHIO -- Jose Lanier tied his own school record with nine blocks to go with 15 kills and six aces as Mount Olive defeated Mount St. Joseph 30-19, 26-30, 30-16, 30-7 in non-conference men's volleyball Saturday morning at Cincinnati, Ohio. Noel Garcia shared match-high honors with 15 kills.
The win was the Trojans' second in as many days against Mount St. Joseph after a 30-10, 30-16, 30-17 victory Friday evening. Garcia led the Trojans with 10 kills.
The two wins improves Mount Olive's record to 6-1.
Mount Olive concludes its weekend trip to the Buckeye State today as the Trojans travel to Columbus, Ohio, to take on nationally 13th-ranked Ohio State. Match time is 4 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Trojans' 'Super Six' has produced all season
- Pepperdine eases past East Carolina
- Stevens: Cougars believed in themselves
- Leadership key to the Cougars' run
- Reynell's arrival at Goldsboro
- Miskdeen, Gabriel add knowledge
- Trojan's Nowak delivers key single
- Northridge turns back Pirates, 5-3
- Thursday preps
- Tough Montevallo squad awaits Mount Olive