By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on March 15, 2010 1:47 PM
WILSON -- Wayne Country Day captured an 8-1, season-opening win over Shannon Forest (S.C.) in five innings on Saturday afternoon at historic Fleming Stadium.
Cole Davis started the game on the pitcher's mound and lasted four innings. Davis allowed one unearned run and struck out two batters to claim the win.
Cody Neal led the Chargers at the plate with two hits, including a home run, and four RBI. Hil Tanner slugged a homer and drove in two runs.
Wayne Country Day (1-0 overall) entertains Flora MacDonald on Tuesday at 3 p.m.
WILSON -- Wayne Country Day split a pair of contests over the weekend at the Wilson Christian Academy Turnage Classic.
The Chargers lost their opening round game 2-0 to Halifax.
Wayne Country Day rebounded with a 2-1 victory over Gospel Light. Hannah Pearson and Karris Hawkins each recorded one goal apiece for the Chargers.
Georgia Tanner was named to the all-tournament team.
WCDS entertains Flora MacDonald on Tuesday. Kickoff is 4:30 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Local Preps Digest
- Hoggard offense explodes final two innings
- ECU knocks off Gardner-Webb
- ECU starts 2010 football season against Tulsa
- Prep baseball boxes
- Rose deals E. Wayne extra-inning defeat
- Young Gators hit way past Wayne Christian
- Spring Creek-Wayne Christian baseball box
- Wayne Christian netters topple Trinity-Raleigh
- ECC 3-A golf meet results