By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on March 23, 2010 1:46 PM
Wayne Christian settled down early in singles play, and claimed a 9-0, non-conference decision over Wayne Country Day on Monday afternoon.
Taylor Grey, Christopher Easom, Daniel Glover, Woody Sasser, Kenneth Giordano and Matthew Thompson each recorded a singles point for the Eagles.
The tandems of Robbie King-Giordano, Gray-Easom and Glover-Sasser each prevailed in doubles play.
The teams meet again March 20.
SNOW HILL -- Greene Central took five of six singles matches and bested Eastern Plains 2-A Conference rival Tarboro 7-2 on Monday afternoon.
Eric Simmons, Colby Chase, Dylan Smith, Ian Whitson and Josh Recore each scored a victory in singles play.
The duos of Hunter Thigpen-Recore and Simmons-Chase each picked up a point during doubles action.
Greene Central improved to 4-3 overall and remained unbeaten in four EPC matches.
TRENTON -- Eastern Wayne dominated from the opening pitch in an 11-0, non-conference victory over Jones Senior on Monday afternoon.
Lani Fricks earned the win in the pitcher's circle. Fricks struck out four batters in four innings of work. Stephanie Smith hurled one inning of perfect relief.
Fricks added two hits and two RBI to pace the Warriors' offense. Sedonia Scott finished 1-for-1 at the plate.
Eastern Wayne (3-3 overall) begins Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference play today when it plays host to South Johnston.
Golden Falcons win
PIKEVILLE -- C.B. Aycock launched its Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference slate with a 3-0 win over North Lenoir on Monday night.
Tara Simmons scored the opening goal for the Golden Falcons. Madison Mercer and Samantha Parrish each added an insurance marker.
Jessica Price, Amanda Farmer and Jessie Kyer each tallied one assist. Courtney Sheeks recorded three saves in net for the victors.
C.B. Aycock (4-3-1 overall, 1-0 ECC) travels to South Johnston on Wednesday.
FAYETTEVILLE -- Katie Isenhower converted a second-half penalty kick, but Wayne Christian endured a 3-1, non-conference loss against Fayetteville Christian on Monday afternoon.
Kaitlyn Kosuda recorded 12 saves for the Eagles.
Wayne Christian (2-1-0 overall) returns to action March 30 at Cape Fear Christian.
* Baseball: C.B. Aycock 15, Princeton 6 -- Collin DuBose led the Golden Falcons at the plate with a triple and a double. Cameron Taylor added one hit and two RBI. Justin Barbour finished with a triple and two RBI in the win. Adam Pate struck out five batters to earn the win on the pitcher's mound. C.B. Aycock improved to 7-0 overall.
* Baseball: Wayne Christian 12, Cary Christian 3 -- The Eagles put the game away with an 11-run fourth inning. Brandon Price led the onslaught with an inside-the-park grand slam. Tyler Mozingo, Tanner Rose and Chandler Gentry each added one hit in the victory. Wayne Christian (3-3 overall) entertains Neuse Charter on March 30.
Other Local Sports
- Mozingo sparks Warriors
- Local Preps Digest
- Saints falter in seventh
- Minshew's grand slam sparks Trojans in game 2
- Trojan offense comes alive in late innings vs. AASU
- Prep baseball boxscores
- Wayne County's Wooten, Wright finding their niche with nationally-ranked ECU
- Pirates edge High Point U
- CBA-EW tennis box
- C.B. Aycock seizes sole possession of ECC race