Easley receives All-State honor; Murphy rewarded
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on April 2, 2010 1:46 PM
MOC Sports Information
MOUNT OLIVE -- Mount Olive College guard Kendrick Easley is a unanimous first-team selection to the 2009-10 NCCSIA All-State College Division men's basketball team, which is voted upon by members of the N.C. Collegiate Sports Information Association.
Easley is a three-time All-State selection, including the last two years on the first team.
A 6-foot-1 senior guard from Norfolk, Va., Easley earned a spot on the 2009-10 State Farm NABC Division II All-America first team and received second-team A-A honors from the Basketball Times.
Easley will graduate as a three-time All-American.
Joey Murphy, who broke two school records at the Raleigh Relays, has been named the Conference Carolinas men's track and field athlete-of-the-week for field events.
Murphy broke his own school record and the existing school record in the hammer throw. The sophomore from Florida finished first out of eight non-Division I competitors in the javelin with a distance of 49.25 meters.
Murphy topped the school record he set earlier this month by 0.67 meters. His distance of 36.57 meters in the hammer throw broke Alex Swinson's school record by five meters.
Other Local Sports
- Saints get superb outing from Davis
- West Craven thwarts North Lenoir's seventh-inning rally
- Palin headlines speakers at annual event
- Trojans' Knox matches program's single-season home run record
- Campbell emerges top MOC golfer in Carolina Sands Men's Golf Intercollegiate
- Eastern Wayne doubles up Havelock
- Trojans block, but King takes Conference Carolinas volleyball bout
- Aycock's Limbaugh tosses six solid innings
- Golden Falcons take league showdown
- Rosewood-SC tennis box