West Craven thwarts North Lenoir's seventh-inning rally
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on April 3, 2010 11:05 PM
WINTERVILLE -- North Lenoir staged a three-run, seventh-inning rally but came up short in a 5-4 loss to New Bern during opening-round play of the South Central/D.H. Conley Easter Invitational on Saturday afternoon.
The Hawks (4-8 overall) trailed 5-1 and plated three runs with two outs in the bottom of the seventh. The Eagles halted the comeback with a game-ending line-out to shortstop.
J.T. Williams (RBI), Spencer Bass (3 RBI), Rand Jackson and Najee Jackson paced North Lenoir's offense with two hits apiece.
Bass suffered the pitching loss.
The Hawks play D.H. Conley at 2:15 p.m. Monday.
Other Local Sports
- prep baseball boxes
- Stevens: Average fan not entitled to explanation from Woods
- Local Preps Digest
- Golden Falcons shut out Saints
- Eastern Wayne hurlers struggle vs. Rose
- Hudson, Darden recognized
- Local Digest
- Eastern Wayne cruises past Czech Nationals
- Prep baseball boxscores
- Southern Wayne drops South Central