K-Tribe splits with Blue Rocks
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on April 23, 2010 1:46 PM
Kinston split a Carolina League doubleheader with Wilmington, winning 7-4 in the opener and dropping the nightcap, 4-3.
The K-Tribe fell to 5-9 overall.
Wilmington, the Single A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals, touched Kinston starter and Greenville native Alex White for four earned runs on four hits in the first four innings. Kinston rallied and reliever Matt Langwell collected his first victory of the season.
Steve Smith earned his third save.
In game two, Kinston trailed 2-0 after four innings.
The K-Tribe pulled ahead 3-2 in the fifth before the Blue Rocks (6-8) answered with two runs in their half of the inning.
Reliever Brett Bach suffered the loss in his Carolina League debut.
Former East Carolina standout Ryan Wood batted a combined 0-for-6 in the doubleheader.
Other Local Sports
- Prep baseball boxes
- Rosewood remains unbeaten in Carolina 1-A baseball
- Wayne Christian girls boot Flora MacDonald, 4-0
- Aycock's McGee, Quinn sign national letters-of-intent
- Easley, Souza, Rombaut, Czerski cop top athlete awards
- Goldsboro's Graham drafted by defending Super Bowl champs
- Trojans sweep Chowan, Lancaster nearing 800-win mark
- Third hit batter gives EW victory over Aycock in baseball
- Aycock softball team bounces back
- prep baseball boxes