Maddux steals home
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on June 2, 2010 1:47 PM
Asunji Maddox stole home for the game-winning run, and Goldsboro upended previously-unbeaten Wilson 9-8 on Tuesday evening.
Maddox swiped the plate with two outs and the bases loaded in the seventh inning. He finished the game 2-for-2 with a double.
A.J. Lane, Ronald Woody, Tre Hammonds and J'Jaun Brown provided one hit apiece in the victory. Goldsboro rallied from 3-0 and 8-3 deficits to capture the season opener and hand Wilson its first setback in four outings this season.
Sam Ferrell tossed two innings of one-hit, three-strikeout relief, and seized the mound win.
Other Local Sports
- Bridgers earns pitcher of the year honors
- Wayne South bests rival Spring Creek
- Post 11 dominates Raleigh Post 1
- Braswell named softball coach of the year
- Senior Legion boxscore
- Keefe-King tagged as coaches of the year
- Neal recognized as pitcher of the year
- Junior Legion boxscore
- Narron earns player of the year honors
- Pittman named softball player of the year