Annual camp cancelled
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on June 10, 2010 1:46 PM
The 5th annual David Thornton Football Camp, scheduled for June 26 at Goldsboro High School, has been cancelled.
"Due to unforeseen circumstances, this year's camp will not take place. We appreciate all the support we have received from the Goldsboro community over the past five years, and we hope to resume the camp again next year," said camp organizers in a written statement emailed to the News-Argus.
"In addition, we would like to thank the Boys and Girls Club of Wayne County for all of their efforts and continued support over the years. To our past and future camp participants, we hope you will continue to work hard on and off the field.
"We look forward to seeing all of you in 2011!"
Other Local Sports
- Beasley will play two sports at NCWC
- Beachem opn his way to Barton
- Taylor Johnson headed to Peace College
- Local digest
- Connor Narron - Q&A
- Wayne County South-C.B. Aycock box
- Post 11-New Bern box
- Nemesis New Bern hands Post 11 first defeat
- WC South tops CBA
- Stevens: Youth movement surfaces in Major League Baseball