Blount's TD return sinks Rams
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on August 29, 2010 1:51 AM
SNOW HILL -- Tyree Blount's 56-yard touchdown return in the third quarter sealed Ayden-Grifton's 21-12, non-conference win at Greene Central on Friday evening.
The Rams trailed 14-12 at the half but failed to score after halftime.
"We had some opportunities in the second half we just didn't cash in," said Greene Central head coach Ken Grantham. "We missed a field goal and had an interception in the end zone."
Derick Phillips' 35-yard fumble return late in the first quarter gave the Rams a 6-0 lead.
The Chargers had back-to-back scores early in the second quarter before Greene Central's Brandon Bishop hauled in a 26-yard touchdown pass from Brandon Suit. Suit finished 8 for 20 through the air for 110 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions.
Greene Central (0-2 overall) travels to Charles B. Aycock on Friday night.
Other Local Sports
- Williamson, Davis lead Dawgs on road
- Princeton-North Moore box score
- North Johnston 'D' shuts out North Lenoir
- Chargers dealt loss at The Brittany VI
- Beddingfield-Southern Wayne box score
- Franklinton defeats Wayne Christian, 3-0
- Roanoke Rapids edges Spring Creek in boys' soccer
- North Duplin-Lakewood box score
- Trojan spikers picked 4th in preseason poll
- Leopards turn back Rebels