North Johnston 'D' shuts out North Lenoir
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on August 29, 2010 1:51 AM
KENLY -- North Lenoir never got its offense on track in a 50-0 defeat against North Johnston on Friday evening.
The Hawks fumbled the ball six times and lost three of those mistakes as they found the sledding particularly tough against the stingy Panthers defense. N.C. State signee Maurice Morgan led North Lenoir with 87 yards on 18 carries. The rest of the Hawks managed a combined nine total yards of offense, including zero passing.
North Johnston broke the game open in the third quarter. Holding a 21-0 lead, the Panthers scored 22 points in a span of just under eight minutes. Jacques Alston accounted for most of the damage as he racked up 125 yards and three touchdowns on the night.
North Lenoir (0-2 overall) plays host to county rival Kinston on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Eagles' Jones picks up third straight meet victory
- Local Preps Digest
- Hisler: Trojan women have high expectations in 2010
- Rosewood and Southern Wayne volleyball
- Rosewood turns back S. Wayne
- Cross country agate
- Tuesday preps
- MOC Fall sneak preview
- Rosewood falls to North Lenoir soccer
- James Kenan ties Spring Creek soccer