Unbeaten Tigers rally past Jones Senior
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on August 29, 2010 1:51 AM
TRENTON -- James Kenan overcame an early first-half deficit and rolled past Jones Senior, 26-8, on Friday night.
The Trojans took an 8-6 lead in the second quarter when Nihkee Jones dove into the end zone from one-yard out.
The Tigers answered in the third quarter when Parker Jones hit James Owens for a 79-yard touchdown and the visitors never looked back. Jones hit Mike Moore on a 25-yard scoring play to open the fourth quarter and Jones put the game on ice with a 25-yard scamper with two minutes left in the contest.
"We have some good athletes. We just have to get them the ball so they can make plays," said James Kenan head coach Ken Avent Jr. "Owens made a nice catch and run, and Parker (Jones) really made some things happen in the passing game."
Parker Jones finished with with 139 yards through the air and another 23 on the ground.
James Kenan (2-0 overall) travels to East Bladen on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Williamson, Davis lead Dawgs on road
- Princeton-North Moore box score
- North Johnston 'D' shuts out North Lenoir
- Chargers dealt loss at The Brittany VI
- Beddingfield-Southern Wayne box score
- Franklinton defeats Wayne Christian, 3-0
- Roanoke Rapids edges Spring Creek in boys' soccer
- North Duplin-Lakewood box score
- Trojan spikers picked 4th in preseason poll
- Leopards turn back Rebels