Wildcats benefit from Gators' third-period miscues
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on August 29, 2010 1:51 AM
NEWTON GROVE -- Sophomore Rodney Lanier hauled in a 58-yard touchdown pass, which accounted for Spring Creek's lone score in a 49-6, non-conference loss at Hobbton on Friday evening.
Ricky Brayboy threw the TD strike to Lanier in the second quarter.
The Wildcats (2-0 overall) broke the game open with 21, third-period points. Hobbton profited from an interception and a fumbled kickoff to take command against the Gators.
"We were down 21-6 at halftime and I felt like we weren't in bad shape. I thought we had played with them," said Spring Creek coach Aaron Sanders. "The wheels came off the bus in the third quarter. I was not real happy with how we played in the second half."
Spring Creek (0-2) welcomes Midway on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Williamson, Davis lead Dawgs on road
- Princeton-North Moore box score
- North Johnston 'D' shuts out North Lenoir
- Chargers dealt loss at The Brittany VI
- Beddingfield-Southern Wayne box score
- Franklinton defeats Wayne Christian, 3-0
- Roanoke Rapids edges Spring Creek in boys' soccer
- North Duplin-Lakewood box score
- Trojan spikers picked 4th in preseason poll
- Leopards turn back Rebels