By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on September 16, 2010 1:47 PM
WILSON -- The 2-0 advantage didn't hold.
Archrival Barton College erupted for three second-half goals and knocked off Mount Olive College 3-2 on the Conference Carolinas men's soccer scene Wednesday evening.
Scott Mitchell put the Trojans on the board less than 10 minutes into the opening half. It was Mitchell's 14th goal of his career and first this season.
Three minutes later, Matt Cargile redirected a free kick from Tyler Vandevender into the net to make it 2-0.
The Bulldogs answered with goals from Erik Pajunk, Richard Worthy and Justin Taylor. Pajunk assisted on Worthy's and Taylor's goals. The final score occured with 9:53 left in regulation.
Mount Olive (1-3-1 overall, 0-1-0 CC) returns to action Saturday at in-state powerhouse Lees-McRae.
Other Local Sports
- Swansboro overpowers Spring Creek
- Goldsboro runs past Washington
- Washington-Goldsboro boxscore
- Weekend preps digest
- Rosewood - N. Johnston boxscore
- Southern Wayne drops Louisburg for first win
- S. Wayne-Louisburg boxscore
- Swansboro - S. Creek boxscore
- North Duplin survives Dixon in overtime
- North Duplin-Dixon boxscore