Bench-clearing brawl mars Pamlico win over N. Lenoir
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on September 25, 2010 11:11 PM
LaGRANGE -- A lighting failure, a bench-clearing brawl and a sputtering offense plagued North Lenoir's 19-0, non-conference home loss to Pamlico on Friday night.
The game was delayed 45 minutes when the stadium lights failed to turn on. An electrical crew had to be called to the school.
A bench-clearing brawl that occurred as a result of the Hawks' Maurice Morgan's hard tackle on a Pamlico interception return in the fourth quarter.
North Lenoir had eight turnovers, including five interceptions and tallied just 10 yards of passing.
The Hawks (1-5 overall) travel to Charles B. Aycock on Oct. 8 in the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference opener for both teams.
Other Local Sports
- Inspired Saints defense shuts down Cougars' vaunted rushing attack
- Eagles enter bye week with momentum
- Gators score early, but Dixon notches home win
- Spring Creek-Dixon box
- Tanner's goal salvages 3-3 draw for WCDS
- SW-Goldsboro box
- Queens records pair of one-goal victories over MOC in soccer
- Princeton -South Robeson box
- Oliver, Rebels claim second consecutive victory
- NL-Pamlico box