Mustangs' 'pick 6' turns back Bulldawgs
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on September 25, 2010 11:11 PM
ROWLAND -- South Robeson used Dominique Ashe's 32-yard interception return for a touchdown to pull away from Princeton in a 36-29 victory on Friday night.
The Bulldawgs trailed 30-23 before Ashe picked off Brad Williamson and raced to the end zone.
Javontae Davis got Princeton on the scoreboard with a 13-yard touchdown run and a two-point conversion. Davis also had touchdown runs in the third and fourth quarters. He finished with 162 yards on 26 carries.
"We've gotten a lot better, especially in our run blocking," said Bulldawgs' head coach Russell Williamson. "We've got to do a little better job of tackling. We've been in some games, we've got to learn how to finish. That interception was a dagger to us."
Princeton (1-5 overall) returns to action Oct. 8 at Spring Creek.
Other Local Sports
- Inspired Saints defense shuts down Cougars' vaunted rushing attack
- Eagles enter bye week with momentum
- Gators score early, but Dixon notches home win
- Spring Creek-Dixon box
- Tanner's goal salvages 3-3 draw for WCDS
- SW-Goldsboro box
- Queens records pair of one-goal victories over MOC in soccer
- Princeton -South Robeson box
- Oliver, Rebels claim second consecutive victory
- NL-Pamlico box