Oliver, Rebels claim second consecutive victory
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on September 25, 2010 11:11 PM
JACKSONVILLE -- Devin Oliver rushed for 201 yards and scored three touchdowns in the second quarter, and led North Duplin to a 49-21 non-conference victory at Lejeune on Friday night.
Rebels' quarterback Marcus Kornegay connected with James Kornegay on a 67-yard touchdown pass in the first quarter. Julio Mora's 9-yard score put North Duplin in front 14-0.
Lejeune pulled to within 14-7 late in the first quarter. Oliver had three touchdowns in the second quarter, including a 62-yard score.
Mora tacked on touchdown runs in the third and fourth quarter. The bruising fullback finished with 87 yards on 17 carries.
The Rebels (2-4 overall) have a bye week before opening Carolina 1-A Conference play at defending champion Goldsboro on Oct. 8.
Other Local Sports
- Prep football notebook
- Century Link Invitational play postponed
- Norwayne finishes as runner-up in state golf tournament
- Inspired Saints defense shuts down Cougars' vaunted rushing attack
- Eagles enter bye week with momentum
- Gators score early, but Dixon notches home win
- Spring Creek-Dixon box
- Tanner's goal salvages 3-3 draw for WCDS
- SW-Goldsboro box
- Queens records pair of one-goal victories over MOC in soccer