Local Preps Digest
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on October 2, 2010 11:47 PM
Wayne Country Day 4, Oakwood 0
* WILSON -- Bryce Creger recorded a hat trick and Wayne Country Day cruised past Oakwood on Friday afternoon.
The game was moved to Greenfield School in Wilson due to wet field conditions.
Tyson Pearson added the final goal for the Chargers. Pearson added two assists. Hil Tanner and Trent Priomos each tallied one assist in the win.
Wayne Country Day (10-6-1 overall) will host Greenfield on Tuesday.
C.B. Aycock 6, Triton 3
* ERWIN -- Katie Gurley, Harlie Howard, Brittany Parrish and Misty Edwards all recorded singles wins for the Golden Falcons.
The doubles teams of Howard/Edwards and Gurley/Rachel Jackson were also victorious. Aycock (10-7, 8-1) entertains Triton on Monday.
South Johnston 6, Southern Wayne 3
* DUDLEY -- Southern Wayne captured a pair of singles points, but it was not enough as South Johnston claimed a 6-3 Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference victory.
Mollianne Kennedy and Taylor Davis each won a singles point respectively for the Saints. The tandem of Taylor Parker-Hope Rose won the Saints' lone doubles match.
Southern Wayne (5-9 overall, 3-6 ECC) will host Eastern Wayne on Monday.
Wayne Christian 6, Trinity of Raleigh 3
* RALEIGH -- Wayne Christian picked up four wins in singles play and bested Trinity of Raleigh 6-3 on Friday afternoon.
Brooke Barfield, Faith Sutton, Taylor Willman and Reagan Hinton each prevailed during singles play
The tandems of Barfield/Sutton and Willmand/Hinton each won in doubles action.
Wayne Christian improved to 6-3 overall.
Other Local Sports
- Local Preps Digest
- Coker knocks off Trojans
- Trojans ranked 25th in preseason
- Stevens: Today's baseball heroes begin World Series quest
- E. Wayne-Triton tennis agate
- Knights score in second overtime, slip past Chargers
- Another title within reach for Warriors
- Eastern Wayne answers Saints' third-set challenge
- Narron: Young Rangers need to stay focused
- Tuesday preps