James Kenan snaps four-game skid
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on October 9, 2010 11:14 PM
WARSAW -- James Kenan broke a four-game losing streak with a 47-12 win over Tri-County 1-A Conference rival Heide Trask on Friday night.
The Tigers wasted no time getting on the scoreboard as Jonathan Webster ran the opening kickoff back 88 yards for a score. Kenan added four additional touchdowns in the first half at Bill Taylor Field.
"We felt like we needed to win this game, and we came out and really made some breaks for ourselves early," said James Kenan head coach Ken Avent. "It was one of those nights where everything kind of fell into place for us."
Parker Jones led the Tigers' offense with 172 yards on 12 completions. James Owens Jr. hauled in nine passes for 93 yards and one touchdown. Webster finished with 69 rushing yards.
James Kenan (3-4 overall, 1-2 TCC) welcomes Lakewood on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Triton scores early, cruises past Southern Wayne
- Tarboro-Greene Central box
- Rosewood-AG box
- Ayden-Grifton shuts out Rosewood
- Spring Creek snaps four-year losing streak in conference play
- Princeton-Spring Creek box
- North Duplin-Goldsboro box
- Murdock makes big plays in Aycock's win
- North Lenoir-C.B. Aycock box
- Struggles continue for MOC women's volleyball team