Triton scores early, cruises past Southern Wayne
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on October 9, 2010 11:15 PM
ERWIN -- From the opening possession, Triton made its presence felt on defense and took advantage of the sputtering Southern Wayne attack, 41-7, in the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference opener for both squads Friday evening.
The Saints received the opening kickoff and quickly went three-and-out, which set the tone for the first half.
"We gave them a short field and they put us behind early," said Saints head coach Bob Warren. "The first three drives of the game we gave them good field position and before we knew it, it was 21-0."
Tyshawn Vann scored the Saints' lone touchdown in the fourth quarter.
Southern Wayne (2-5 overall, 0-1 ECC) visits North Lenoir on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Trojans will teach fundamentals of game
- Local Preps Digest
- Carolina 1-A Conference tennis agate
- Controversial ending mars great contest
- Cornerstone scores first three goals, defeats Conquerors 3-1
- Spring Creek exceeds expectations
- Bulldogs sweep Chargers
- Local digest
- Saints drop Warriors on pitch
- E. Waynetops C.B. Aycock tennis