By From staff reports
Published in Sports on October 26, 2010 1:46 PM
Spring Creek 8, Goldsboro 0
Spring Creek got its offense off to a hot start and never looked back in an 8-0 win over Carolina 1-A Conference rival Goldsboro on Monday night.
Antonio Avila led the Gators with a hat trick (three goals). Dante Ortiz added one goal and four assists. Eduardo Abella, Omar Zavala, Jesus Sandoval and Ivan Lemus each tailled one goal in the win.
Spring Creek entertains Ayden-Grifton on Wednesday, while Goldsboro is the guest of Princeton.
* Volleyball: Rosewood d. Brogden 25-9, 24-26, 25-21, 25-20 -- Rosewood got 10 kills and 13 aces from Callie Thornton and rolled past Brogden on Monday afternoon. Lexi Mercer added seven aces and Ashley Thornton finished with two kills. Rosewood improved to 10-3 overall.
* Volleyball: Norwayne d. Grantham 25-6, 25-15, 25-18 -- Norwayne improved to 12-0 on the season with the win. The Cobras will host Eastern Wayne on Thursday.
* Volleyball: Spring Creek d. Dillard 3-1 -- Sarah Ford recorded five kills. Stormy Westbrook served two aces, while Sydney Ocker added an ace. Zaira Resendiz and Duke Briones also played well in the match. Spring Creek (7-4 overall) entertains Brogden on Thursday.
Neuse River Youth
* 10-Under: Mount Olive 34, Goldsboro 14 -- Mo Brooks and Josh McClain rushed for two touchdowns apiece for the Hurricanes. Mason Harrell added one touchdown. Cody Nasseff and Donnell Herring led the Mount Olive defense with six tackles and four tackles, respectively. The Hurricanes (4-3 overall) led 21-6 at halftime.
* 12-Under: Mount Olive 36, Goldsboro 12 -- Quintin Carlton rambled for two touchdowns as the Hurricanes finished regular-season play 7-0 overall. Cole Barwick, Carter Jones and James Leonard each rushed for one touchdown. Zach Price paced the defense with five stops. Juan Lopez and Esteban Leon supplied three tackles apiece.