Bulldogs top Kenan, cap unbeaten campaign in Tri-County 1-A play
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on November 6, 2010 11:11 PM
TEACHEY -- Wallace-Rose Hill made enough big plays to counter the James Kenan offense and held on for a 28-14 victory that capped the Bulldogs' unbeaten run against Tri-County 1-A Conference opposition this season.
Wallace-Rose Hill, the top-ranked team in the state, returned an interception for a touchdown and blocked a punt for another score.
Parker Jones got the Tigers on the scoreboard first with a three-yard run in the opening quarter, but watched as the home team reeled-off 28 consecutive points. Dontrell Hyman added a late rushing touchdown that completed the James Kenan total.
Jones finished with 54 yards passing on 10 completions and added 19 yards on the ground. Jonathan Webster finished with 47 yards rushing and 27 yards receiving.
James Kenan fell to 6-5 overall and ended up in a three-way tie for third place with Lakewood and Union in conference play.
Other Local Sports
- NCHSAA should re-examine state's clasification system
- Area runners compete in 1-A finals
- Neuse River Youth Football League
- Prep football notebook
- Trojan spikers upset Belmont Abbey
- Seven teams advance to NCHSAA football playoffs
- North Duplin withstands Spring Creek rally
- North Duplin-Spring Creek box
- Aycock's James, Goldsboro's Montgomery selected for Shrine Bowl
- Rosewood-Princeton box