Local Preps Digest
By Andrew Stevens
Published in Sports on November 17, 2010 1:47 PM
Wilmington Christian 45, Faith Christian 16
• Faith Christian never got its offense up and running in a 45-16 defeat to Wilmington Christian on Tuesday night. The non-league affair was the season opener for both squads.
Wilmington Christian built a 6-0 lead over the course of a slow first quarter as both teams felt their way through some early nerves. The Patriots exploded for 22 points in the second quarter behind strong play from King (Tenn.) College signee Jordan Batt and Erskine signee Raven Jordan, who combined for 12 points in the period.
Leading 28-4 at the intermission, the Patriots found plenty of time to play all of the reserves on the bench in the second half. Batt finished as the game's leading scorer with 14 points. Jordan added 10.
Brianna Champion paced the Conquerors (0-1 overall) with six points on the strength of four made free throws. Charity Spencer added five points. Elizabeth Weeks grabbed eight rebounds.
Faith Christian entertains Bethel Christian on Nov. 29.
* Basketball: Wayne Country Day 42, Wayne Home School 34 -- Luke Bryan contributed 10 points for the Chargers. Cody Neal and Marlon Coley both provided nine points. Ramel Carpenter scored seven points. Wayne Country Day entertains Wilson Christian on Friday.
* Basketball: Wayne Country Day 40, Wayne Home School 35 -- Tony Townsend led the Chargers with 15 points. Jamal Forde added 12 points and Preston Edwards had seven. Wayne Country Day (1-0) travels to Cape Fear Academy on Monday.
Other Local Sports
- No. 1-ranked Wallace-Rose Hill rolls past North Duplin
- NC prep football 3rd round pairings
- Trojan men rally past Mars Hill
- Emotional Cats shut out Rosewood
- Rosewood-Hobbton box
- S. Wayne-S. Brunswick box
- South Brunswick eliminates Southern Wayne from playoffs
- WCDS varsities defeat Wilson Christian
- Wallace-North Duplin box
- Catawba women upend MOC