WCDS varsities defeat Wilson Christian
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on November 21, 2010 1:51 AM
Wayne Country Day 65,
Wilson Christian 51
* Wayne Country Day opened its season with a 65-51, non-conference victory over N.C. Christian Schools Association 3-A member Wilson Christian on Friday evening.
Josh Gregory led the Chargers with 27 points and seven rebounds. Brandon McCarter contributed 14 points and seven rebounds. Tyson Pearson had 12 points.
Wayne Country Day (1-0 overall) visits Waccamaw Academy on Monday.
Faith Christian 29,
Jackonsville Christian 23
* WENDELL -- Brianna Champion scored 17 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and collected seven steals in Faith Christian's 29-23 victory over Jacksonville Christian in the Southeastern Invitational on Friday.
Christian Powell added six points.
The Conquerors (1-2 overall) entertain Bethel Christian on Nov. 29.
Wayne Country Day 43,
Wilson Christian 26
* Mack Thompson paced the Chargers with 15 points in the Chargers' season-opening win Friday evening.
Hannah Pearson provided 13 points and five rebounds. Catherine Ford contributed five points, five assists and 11 rebounds.
WCDS (1-0 overall) is the guest of Waccamaw Academy on Monday.
Shannon Forest (S.C.) 53, Wayne Christian 27
* Wayne Christian's Summer Brathwaite finished with seven points and 13 rebounds in their non-conference game contested at Clifford Gymnatorium.
Brooke Barfield and Katie Isenhower supplied six points apiece.
The Eagles (1-2 overall) open Carolina Christian 1-A Conference play Dec. 3 at Cresset Christian.
* Boys' basketball: Wilson Christian 43, Wayne Country Day 40 -- Dayton Meadows scored 12 points for Wayne Country Day. Marlon Coley had 10 points.
* Boys' basketball: Mount Olive 52, Spring Creek 25 -- Ty Pearsall scored 19 points and grabbed 12 rebounds for Mount Olive. Xavier Pearsall supplied 14 points. Maurice Butler had 10 points. Trey Hammond led Spring Creek with 12 points. Mount Olive (1-1 overall) travels to Norwayne on Monday.
* Boys' basketball: Dillard 53, Rosewood 28 -- The Eagles fell to 0-2.
* Girls' basketball: Wayne Christian 22, Christ Covenant 1 -- Jody Gurley led the Eagles with 12 points. Georgia Parnell and Hunter Kaler each contributed four points.
* Girls' basketball: Rosewood 47, Dillard 17 -- The Eagles' Lexi Mercer scored a game-high 24 points. Callie Thornton had 11 points. Rosewood plays host to Spring Creek on Monday.
* Boys' basketball: Wayne Christian 32, Christ Covenant 28 -- Chandler Gentry and Seth Harrell scored 10 points apiece. The Eagles (1-0 overall) play again Dec. 6 at Cape Fear.