Digest -- Greene Central boys improve to 2-0
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on November 26, 2010 1:47 PM
Greene Central 69, North Lenoir 53
* LaGRANGE -- Bobby Waters pumped in 17 points and Greene Central knocked off North Lenoir 69-53 inside Wooten Gymnasium on Wednesday evening.
Waters pulled down six rebounds, dished out five assists and picked the Hawks for five steals. Kelsey Dixon provided 13 points and five assists. Tray Hill just missed a double-double with 10 points and nine rebounds.
Malcolm Dawson (11 points), Barnes (10 points) and Rashead Yelverton (three steals) also contributed to the win.
The Rams improved to 2-0 overall.
Campbell's Hill recognized
* BUIES CREEK -- Campbell University offensive tackle Jeremy Hill earned All-Pioneer Football League honorable mention accolades this season.
Hill, a Rosewood alum, started at right tackle in 11 all contests for the Camels, who averaged a league-best 207.73 yards rushing per game this season. Campbell ended up 16th nationally in rushing.
Hill, along with his fellow linemen, ranked second in the PFL in sacks allowed. Hill has started the Camels' last 23 games at either left or right tackle.
Other Local Sports
- Faith Christian drops Bethel Christian
- Local digest
- Faith Christian-Bethel box scores
- Coggins: Dump BCS and give every Division I school equal title chance
- Trojans prepare to fave archrival
- Saints lose to Pine Forest
- Goldsboro-Pender box
- MOC women fall to Lincoln Memorial
- Pender drops Goldsboro
- Golden Falcons-Warriors outcome decided on 'first points scored' criteria