By Andrew Stevens
Published in Sports on December 2, 2010 1:47 PM
Princeton 78, Midway 40
* SPIVEY'S CORNER -- Princeton opened up a double-digit advantage in the first quarter and never looked back in a 78-40, non-conference win over Midway on Wednesday night.
The Dawgs led 25-8 after one quarter.
Ben Jacobs paced the victors with his fourth consecutive double-double -- 34 points, 15 rebounds -- of the season. Wes Wood added 15 points, all on three-point baskets.
Ryan Jackson led Midway with 14 points.
Princeton (4-0 overall) travels to North Johnston on Friday night.
Rosewood 45, North Johnston 33
* Rosewood remained unbeaten with a 45-33 triumph over North Johnston on Wednesday night.
Jacquez Raynor led the Eagles as the only double-digit scorer with 12 points. Cody Harris and Jykhia Applewhite each added six points in the win.
Rosewood (2-0 overall) is the guest of Midway on Friday.
Wilson Fike 60, Eastern Wayne 35
* Eastern Wayne trimmed a 13-point deficit to four at the half but was outscored 31-12 in the second half of a 60-35 loss to Wilson Fike on Wednesday night in New Hope.
"It was like we almost gave up right after halftime," said Warriors' head coach Tyrone Wagner. " We came out flat. They weren't running the offense and they were playing lazy on defense."
Sedonia Scott paced Eastern Wayne with seven points. Jasmine Benjamin and Brooke Doherty both contributed six points. Jamika Ruffin led the Golden Demons with 11 points.
The Warriors were without forward Shante Boseman, who sprained her left knee in Tuesday night's home loss to Havelock.
Wagner expects Boseman to miss at least two weeks.
Carly Givens and Boseman each had nine points for the Warriors in Tuesday night's 54-38, home loss to Havelock on Tuesday evening. Benjamin and Brittany Scurlock both scored seven points.
Other Local Sports
- Local Preps Digest
- Saints run past Trojans
- Prep basketball boxes
- Lead slips away for Gators
- Injury-riddled Trojans can't overcome Saints
- Mount Olive women defeat Limestone
- Cougars turn up defense to down Falcons
- C.B. Aycock-Greene Central box scores
- Local Preps Digest
- Rams survive, stay unbeaten in boys' play