By Ryan Hanchett
Published in Sports on December 8, 2010 1:47 PM
Princeton 77, Midway 37
* PRINCETON -- Princeton built a 30-point halftime lead and cruised to a 77-37, non-conference victory over Midway on Tuesday night.
Ben Jacobs led the Bulldogs with 22 points. Austin Jacobs contributed 13 points, while Justin Foy supplied 11 points and eight rebounds. Wes Wood had 10 points and six assists.
Ryan Jackson paced the Raiders with 14 points.
Princeton (6-0 overall) visits Hobbton tonight.
Rosewood 52, Parrott Academy 41
* KINSTON -- Rosewood improved to 4-0 with a 52-41, non-conference win at Parrott Academy on Tuesday night.
Zack Thornton scored 16 points for the Eagles and Jacquez Raynor had 14.
Rosewood plays host to North Johnston tonight.
Union 49, North Duplin 46
* CALYPSO -- North Duplin held a one-point lead at the half, but fell short in a 49-46 loss to visiting Union on Tuesday night.
James Kornegay scored 11 points for the Rebels. Breyon Johnson contributed 10 points and Devin Oliver had eight.
North Duplin (0-1 overall) entertains Lakewood tonight.
Trinity-Fayetteville 76, Wayne Country Day 56
* FAYETTEVILLE -- Josh Gregory pumped in 27 points and grabbed eight rebounds in Wayne Country Day's non-conference loss to perennial power Trinity-Fayetteville on Tuesday evening.
Brandon McCarter added 17 points, nine rebounds and five assists for the Chargers, who fell to 4-2 on the year. Hil Tanner added six points.
WCDS entertains Waccamaw on Monday.
Eastern Wayne 60, Spring Creek 7
* SEVEN SPRINGS -- Eastern Wayne scored the game's first 15 points and rolled past county rival Spring Creek, 60-7, at "The Swamp" on Tuesday evening.
Janielle Daniel and Tamiya Dortch collected 12 points apiece for the Warriors, who emerged victorious for the first time in four outings this season. Daniel dished out three assists and recorded six steals.
Jasmine Benjamin added eight points.
Ten of 11 Eastern Wayne players scratched in the scoring column.
Spring Creek (0-5 overall) missed two starters due to injuries. Morgan Stancil supplied the Gators' lone field goal -- a 3-pointer in the third quarter.
Stacie Salter added two points.
Northern Nash 64, C.B. Aycock 33
* PIKEVILLE -- C.B. Aycock could never recover from a slow start en route to a 64-33, non-conference loss to Northern Nash on Tuesday night.
The Knights opened the game on a 7-0 scoring run and finished the contest with a matching outburst. Jasmine Griffin paced the Northern Nash offense with 15 points and eight rebounds. Charise Bullock added 12 points and three boards.
C.B. Aycock was led by Imari Howell's 10-point, five-rebound effort. Courtnei Gilbert added eight points and four boards.
C.B. Aycock (3-3 overall) travels to Triton on Friday night.
North Lenoir 52, Goldsboro 39
* Goldsboro committed 43 turnovers and couldn't cut into a 10-point deficit after three quarters in a 52-39, non-conference loss to visiting North Lenoir on Tuesday night.
"We gave the ball away and it hurt us a lot," said Cougars' head coach LaTina Bullock-Davis. "It cost us the game. We're so quick to want to get rid of the ball against pressure instead of us taking time to make good passes."
The two teams combined for 70 turnovers.
Ta'Breia Foster led the Hawks with 15 points and Kristen Davenport and Deshona Cox each had 12.
Alexus Myles scored 12 points for Goldsboro.
Wayne Country Day 36,
Trinity of Fayetteville 33
* FAYETTEVILLE -- Wayne Country Day remained unbeaten with a 36-33 win at Trinity of Fayetteville on Tuesday night.
Catherine Ford scored 14 points for the Chargers and Sarah Best chipped in nine points. Mack Thompson added seven.
Wayne Country Day (6-0 overall) entertains Harrells Christian on Monday.
Union 42, North Duplin 34
* CALYPSO -- North Duplin opened its season with a 42-34, non-conference home loss to Union on Tuesday night.
Tearra Ammons led the Rebels with 11 points. Angelica Favela added nine points.
North Duplin plays host to Lakewood tonight.
* Boys' basketball: Wayne Country Day 56, Pope John Paul 21 -- Tyler Talton led Wayne Country Day with 13 points. Miller Gerrard provided 11 points. Ramel Carpenter had 10 points.
* Girls' basketball: Northern Nash 44, C.B Aycock 30 -- Quanika Artis scored 12 points for the Golden Falcons. Audrina Lynch added eight points.
Other Local Sports
- Weekend preps digest
- Wayne Christian girls end three-game losing streak
- Wayne Christian boys pick up CCC win at home
- Spring Creek boys upend Midway
- Rosewood boys cruise past Lakewood
- Jacobs has another double-double for unbeaten Dogs
- Allen leads MOC's second-half charge on road
- North Duplin boys snap two-game skid
- Friday's prep boxes
- North Duplin girls fall to Hobbton