By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on December 10, 2010 1:47 PM
Wayne Country Day's Ama Zabarcea, Oliver Reimer and Thomas Elmore each recorded a pair of top-five finishes during a four-team, swim meet contested at the B.G. Darden Natatorium on Thursday evening.
Zabarcea finished fifth in the girls' 50 freestyle in 33.85 seconds and third in the 100 breaststroke (1:35.34).
Reimer touched the wall fourth in 28.77 in the 50 free and earned a fifth-place effort in the 100 free. Elmore placed second in the 100 free (59.29) and second in the 100 backstroke (1:12.84).
Zabarcea swam the anchor leg on the Chargers' 200 free relay, which finished third behind Parrott and Faith Christian-Rocky Mount. Zabarcea, Kennedy Dalton, Charlotte Yarboro and Elizabeth Schappell logged a time of 2:26.53.
WCDS also got a solid performance from Robert Glass, who placed eighth in the 50 free. Schappell, Yarboro, Rebecca Buchanan, Anna Rains and Bethany Stoutamire all battled in the 50 free.
* Girls' basketball: Norwayne 26, Greenwood 16 -- Taylor Daniels led Norwayne with 11 points. The Cobras improved to 4-1 overall. Norwayne visits Eastern Wayne on Monday.
* Boys' basketball: Wayne Christian 34, Parrott Academy 25 -- Austin Howell led the Eagles with 11 points. Chandler King added seven points. Wayne Christian improved to 4-2 overall.
* Boys' basketball: Wilson Christian 44, Wayne Christian 23 -- Cody Howell and Seth Harrell each scored eight points for Wayne Christian. The Eagles will play Community Christian on Jan. 6.
Other Local Sports
- Weekend preps digest
- Wayne Christian girls end three-game losing streak
- Wayne Christian boys pick up CCC win at home
- Spring Creek boys upend Midway
- Rosewood boys cruise past Lakewood
- Jacobs has another double-double for unbeaten Dogs
- Allen leads MOC's second-half charge on road
- North Duplin boys snap two-game skid
- Friday's prep boxes
- North Duplin girls fall to Hobbton