Cash, Yelverton lead Golden Falcons in indoor track
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on December 12, 2010 1:50 AM
ERWIN -- Treseon Cash emerged victorious in the 55-meter hurdles and Jackson Yelverton claimed the 1,000-meter run during a five-team, Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference meet contested at Triton High School.
Cash crossed the line first in 9.25 seconds, finished third in the long jump (17 feet, six inches) and claimed sixth in the 55-meter dash.
Yelverton posted a time of 3:23 in his event.
The Golden Falcons' Caleb Scott took third in the shot put (38-10), while Austin Snowden placed fourth in the long jump (17-4) and third in the 300-meter dash. Brandon White ended up third in the 55 hurdles.
Tim Naughton and Wesley Carter grabbed second and fourth, respectively, in the 500-meter run.
On the girls' side, North Lenoir standout Sarah Irsik captured the 55-meter hurdles and placed second in the long jump.
Aycock's Payton Baskerville secured third place in the shot put. Teammates' Cierra Harris and Tara Simmons ended up sixth and seventh, respectively, in the 55-meter dash. Simmons grabbed third in the 300 dash.
Emily Martin was third in the long jump.
Other Local Sports
- Weekend preps digest
- Wayne Christian girls end three-game losing streak
- Wayne Christian boys pick up CCC win at home
- Spring Creek boys upend Midway
- Rosewood boys cruise past Lakewood
- Jacobs has another double-double for unbeaten Dogs
- Allen leads MOC's second-half charge on road
- North Duplin boys snap two-game skid
- Friday's prep boxes
- North Duplin girls fall to Hobbton