Golden Falcon girls slip past Goldsboro
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on December 22, 2010 1:47 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Charles B. Aycock withstood Goldsboro's 10-4 run late in the third quarter and held on for a 36-30, non-conference win on Tuesday night.
The Cougars trailed 18-12 at the half, but used a 10-4 run to tie the game at 22-22 late in the third quarter.
The Golden Falcons responded with eight consecutive points of their own. Ivy Hartzell's layup gave Aycock a 30-22 advantage early in the fourth quarter.
Imari Howell led the Golden Falcons with 15 points. Courtnei Gilbert added 12 points.
Kasheika Wallace paced Goldsboro with seven points. Alexus Myles, Diamond Ferrer and Talaya Lassiter each finished with six points.
Aycock (6-3 overall) travels to Rosewood on Dec. 30. The Cougars (6-3) entertain Eastern Wayne in the Goldsboro Holiday Invitational on Dec. 27.
Other Local Sports
- Quillen, Behrend set the tempo for fellow Rosewood wrestlers
- Rosewood - Greene Central wrestling
- MOC ranked No. 7 in preseason Collegiate Baseball Division II poll
- South Johnston girls defeat Princeton in title game
- Spring Creek girls notch second win of season
- Gators' Thomas torches KIPP for career-best 43 points
- Tuesday's prep basketball boxes
- Southern Wayne boys top South Brunswick
- Unbeaten Dogs roll past county foe South Johnston ... again
- Cougar boys weather fourth-quarter rally