By Ryan Hanchett
Published in Sports on January 6, 2011 2:02 PM
North Lenoir 46, Greene Central 44
* SNOW HILL -- North Lenoir and Greene Central traded baskets for most of the night but in the end the Hawks made the final play and captured a 46-44, non-conference win over the Rams on Wednesday night.
Josh Poole led the North Lenoir attack with 13 points. Maurice Morgan added nine points in the win.
Malcolm Dawson paced the Greene Central offense with 17 points and 13 rebounds.
Greene Central entertains Eastern Plains 2-A Conference foe SouthWest Edgecombe on Friday. North Lenoir (9-6 overall) returns to action Jan. 14 against Southern Wayne.
* Boys' basketball: Wayne Christian 51, Cape Fear 33 -- Dylan Smith led the Eagles with 23 points and nine rebounds. Chris Easom added 20 points and seven boards. Wayne Christian (7-0 overall) faces Community Christian today.
Other Local Sports
- Falcon Invitational -- Warrior matmen have good day
- Falcon Invitational -- Brogden logs Saints' best finish
- Trojan men turn back LMC in Conference Carolinas play
- Faith Christian girls finish runner-up at New Year's Invitational
- Rosewood repeats as Carolina/4 Rivers dual-team champion
- Falcon Invitational -- Aycock's David Romo emerges 119-pound champ
- Goldsboro matmen claim first dual victory of season
- Prep digest -- WCS girls, WCDS boys endure road defeats
- Wayne Christian-Bethel box scores
- Area basketball games rescheduled