Area basketball games rescheduled
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on January 9, 2011 1:51 AM
From staff reports
Better to err on the side of caution.
School officials in Wayne and Johnston County cancelled all basketball games Friday evening, but the frozen mix precipitation predicted to blanket each county never materialized.
Five contests involving teams in the News-Argus readership area were either rescheduled for this week or late January. Here are the make-up dates announced late Friday afternoon:
• Jan. 13 -- Ayden-Grifton at Rosewood
• Jan. 19 -- Princeton at Spring Creek
• Jan. 26 -- Goldsboro at North Duplin
• Jan. 26 -- C.B. Aycock at Eastern Wayne
No information was provided for the Southern Wayne-South Johnston cancellation.
The 11th annual Falcon Invitational started an hour later Saturday morning at Charles B. Aycock. The Golden Falcons, Eastern Wayne and Southern Wayen competed in the 16-team event, which is the second longest-running individual tournament in county history.
Complete results will appear in Monday's print edition of the News-Argus.
Rosewood, Princeton and Goldsboro competed in the Carolina-4 Rivers 1-A Conference Duals at Ayden-Grifton on Saturday. Opening-round matches were pushed to the afternoon. Details will be available in Monday's print edition of the News-Argus.
Other Local Sports
- WAVE volleyball: Tsunami 14U goes 1-3 in Greensboro
- Falcon Invitational -- Warrior matmen have good day
- Falcon Invitational -- Brogden logs Saints' best finish
- Trojan men turn back LMC in Conference Carolinas play
- Faith Christian girls finish runner-up at New Year's Invitational
- Rosewood repeats as Carolina/4 Rivers dual-team champion
- Falcon Invitational -- Aycock's David Romo emerges 119-pound champ
- Goldsboro matmen claim first dual victory of season
- Prep digest -- WCS girls, WCDS boys endure road defeats
- Wayne Christian-Bethel box scores