By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on January 20, 2011 1:47 PM
Rosewood 62, Greene Central 18
* SNOW HILL -- Josh Pipkin recorded the night's fastest pin and perennial 1-A wrestling powerhouse Rosewood rolled over Greene Central's matmen, 62-18, on Wednesday evening.
Pipkin earned an 18-second fall against the Rams' Marquis Mumford at 160 pounds. The Eagles (26-4 overall) triumphed in eight of 11 contested matches and drew three forfeits from their short-handed opponent.
Chris Lane scored a technical fall (15-point win) at 112 pounds, while teammate Bobbie Semler slipped past GC's Darien Heath, 10-9, in their 215-pound match.
Dallas Pope (125 pounds), Josh Roberson (140) and heavyweight Jacob Bargoli each received a forfeit in the non-conference match.
Jacob Holliday (103), Nick Quillen (119), Tyler Dean (145), Jamie Wooten (171) and Taylor McGill (189) each pinned their respective opponent.
Greene Central got pins from Abram Walker (130), Spencer McClung (135) and Frank Lester (152).
* Goldsboro Heat 28, Wayne Christian 23 -- Austin Howell tallied 11 points in the Eagles' eighth-grade contest. Wayne Christian (5-6 overall) is the guest of Parrott Academy today.
* Wayne Christian 37, Christ Covenant 24 -- Seth Harrell pumped in 17 points to lead the Eagles' seventh-grade team to a road victory. Wayne Christian (3-4 overall) travels to Neuse Charter today.
Other Local Sports
- Local Preps Digest
- Trojans put away Flying Fleet
- Princeton-North Duplin boxes
- Manley's free throws lift North Duplin
- Lady Bulldogs hold off Rebels
- Princeton earns home win
- prep basketball boxes
- Hot Stove banquet set for Jan. 31
- Mount Olive women dominate Erskine
- Eastern Wayne rallies past South Johnston