Lady Bulldogs hold off Rebels
By Ryan Hanchett
Published in Sports on January 23, 2011 1:51 AM
Princeton 26, North Duplin 23
* PRINCETON -- Despite scoring just one point in the opening quarter the Princeton Bulldawgs stuck with it and rallied for a 26-23 win over Carolina 1-A Conference rival North Duplin on Saturday night.
Savanna Massengill scored eight of her team-high 11 points in the second half to help the victors. Amber Brush added six points.
Angelica Favela led the Rebels with 12 points, all on 3-point baskets. Tearra Ammons and Danielle Hinrichs each added four points.
North Duplin (1-9 overall) plays host to Spring Creek on Tuesday. The same night Princeton (4-11) welcomes Rosewood to campus.
Other Local Sports
- Moore recovers in finals, collects $3,000 payday
- Princeton to play Rosewood tonight
- Eagles drop two, rebound to win three straight
- Aycock grapplers go unbeaten
- Unusual phone call leads to trip of lifetime for EW cheerleading squad
- Warriors end up 2-1
- Magazine tabs Capps
- Local Preps Digest
- Trojans put away Flying Fleet
- Princeton-North Duplin boxes