Goldsboro starts hot, turns back North Duplin's boys
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on January 30, 2011 1:51 AM
CALYPSO -- Goldsboro got off to a hot start and never looked back in a 77-55 win over North Duplin on the Carolina 1-A Conference scene Friday night.
The Cougars opened a 19-12 lead after one period and extended the advantage to 14 points at the intermission.
Demarian Henderson paced the Goldsboro offense with 17 points. James Williams added 15 points and Devonte White finished with 11 points. Jarran Reed rounded out the Cougars in double figures with 10 points.
Devin Oliver paced the Rebels with 22 points. Breyon Johnson added 12 points in the defeat.
North Duplin (4-9 overall, 2-4 CC) will host Princeton on Tuesday night. Goldsboro (11-6, 4-1) will travel to Rosewood the same night.
Other Local Sports
- WCDS varsities drop CPIC contests at nemesis Greenfield
- Triton upends Eastern Wayne girls
- Saints girls hang on for ECC home win
- Southern Wayne hammers Cleveland, keeps ECC lead
- Wayne Christian girls get Carolina Christian 1-A win
- prep boxscores
- Princeton girls earn second straight league win
- No. 1-ranked Dogs avoid Gators' upset bid
- Rosewood girls drop league game at Ayden-Grifton
- Limestone men sweep regular-season series