Princeton girls earn second straight league win
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on January 30, 2011 1:51 AM
PRINCETON -- Spring Creek battled for four quarters, but it was not enough as Princeton broke away in the fourth quarter for a 55-37 win on Friday night.
The victory kept the Dawgs ahead of the Gators in the tight Carolina 1-A Conference race.
Savanna Massengill propelled the Princeton offense with 26 points. Nicole Melvin complimented Massengill's performance with 20 points.
Jana Price emerged the scoring leader for Spring Creek with 17 points. Elizabeth Edwards added eight points in the defeat.
Spring Creek (2-14, 0-5 CC) plays host to Ayden-Grifton on Tuesday night. The same night Princeton (5-12, 2-3) battles North Duplin.
Other Local Sports
- MOC indoor track
- Eastern Wayne at Louisburg duals
- Rosewood pins opponents at Durham Jordan
- CBA triumphs at DH Conley duals
- Eddie Smith enjoys 25 years at Faith
- WCDS varsities drop CPIC contests at nemesis Greenfield
- Triton upends Eastern Wayne girls
- Saints girls hang on for ECC home win
- Southern Wayne hammers Cleveland, keeps ECC lead
- Wayne Christian girls get Carolina Christian 1-A win