By Ryan Hanchett
Published in Sports on February 10, 2011 1:46 PM
Goldsboro 61, Rosewood 19
* Goldsboro scored more points in the first quarter than Rosewood scored in the entire game as the Cougars celebrated senior night with a 61-19 win over the Eagles on Wednesday night.
After one quarter the Cougars led 24-8. By halftime the advantage had ballooned to 40-13.
Alexus Myles paced the Goldsboro offense with 20 points. Brandy Johnson added 14 markers and Kasheika Wallace added 10 points.
Holly Heath led the Eagles with eight points.
Rosewood will host archrival Princeton on Friday night. Goldsboro will try to win the regular season Carolina 1-A Conference title the same evening at Ayden-Grifton.
* Boys' basketball: Goldsboro 63, Rosewood 37 -- Quaviis Holloman led the Cougars with 17 points. Kerron Howell and Lonzia Tyson each added eight points in the win.
Other Local Sports
- Goldsboro boys earn share of Carolina 1-A Conference title
- Lady Cougars clinch conference championship
- Prep basketball boxes
- Trojans earn softball, basketball victories
- Princeton boys complete comeback at Rosewood
- Greenfield rolls past Wayne Country Day
- MOC men snap five-game losing streak
- Knox leads MOC past Carson-Newman
- C.B. Aycock-Southern Wayne basketball box scores
- Capps, Knox on Martinez "watch list"