Warrior boys finish ECC play with road win
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on February 11, 2011 1:47 PM
Eastern Wayne 53,
North Lenoir 45
* LaGRANGE -- Robert Washington pumped in a team-high 19 points, and playoff-bound Eastern Wayne stopped North Lenoir, 53-45, inside Wooten Gym on Thursday evening.
It was the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference regular-season finale for both teams.
Lamar Best added 11 points for the Warriors. Brandon Williams and Josiah Davis scored seven points apiece, while Lee Atkinson chipped in five.
North Lenoir 42,
Eastern Wayne 29
* LaGRANGE -- Deshonna Cox recorded a double-double -- 16 points, 14 rebounds -- in North Lenior's 42-29 triumph over Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference foe Eastern Wayne on Thursday evening.
Kristen Davenport added 15 points.
* Boys' basketball: C.B. Aycock 45, Southern Wayne 30 -- Greg Williams collected 10 points and eight assists for the Golden Falcons, who won the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference championship out right. Roderick Jones contributed 10 points and eight rebounds. The Golden Falcons concluded the year 16-3 overall and 10-2 against ECC opposition.
* Girls' basketball: C.B. Aycock 33, Southern Wayne 23 -- Lindsey Sutton led the Golden Falcons' attack with eight points. Quanika Artis contributed seven points. Audrina Lynch, Raquelle Lawrence and Kennedy Perkins tallied six points apiece.
Other Local Sports
- Goldsboro boys earn share of Carolina 1-A Conference title
- Lady Cougars clinch conference championship
- Prep basketball boxes
- Trojans earn softball, basketball victories
- Princeton boys complete comeback at Rosewood
- Greenfield rolls past Wayne Country Day
- MOC men snap five-game losing streak
- Knox leads MOC past Carson-Newman
- C.B. Aycock-Southern Wayne basketball box scores
- Capps, Knox on Martinez "watch list"