Local Preps Digest
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on February 18, 2011 1:47 PM
Faith Christian 57, Tri-City Christian 54
* DURHAM -- Faith Christian held off Tri-City Christian for a 57-54 win on Thursday night and advanced to the N.C. Christian Schools Athletic Association 2-A state semifinals.
The Conquerors (21-6 overall) face Fellowship Christian tonight.
Wes Caudle, Aaron Hill and Silas Denlinger each scored 14 points for Faith. Matthew Lambert had 12 points.
Triton 68, Eastern Wayne 65
* ERWIN -- Eastern Wayne couldn't preserve a three-point lead with 14 seconds to play as Triton rallied for a 68-65 win in the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference tournament semifinals on Thursday night.
The Hawks face Southern Wayne in tonight's finals at Charles B. Aycock.
The Warriors led by three points with the ball late in the game before Triton turned a steal into a basket. The Hawks later turned free throws into points to help seal the victory.
Lee Atkinson led Eastern Wayne with 20 points. Point guard Lamar Best contributed 12 points and six assists. Josiah Davis and Robert Washington both finished with 11 points.
Hickory Christian 52, Faith Christian 32
* DURHAM -- Faith Christian's season came to a close with a 52-32 loss to Hickory Christian in the quarterfinals of the N.C. Christian Schools Athletic Association 2-A state tournament on Thursday night.
Elizabethe Weeks paced the Conquerors with 10 points, five rebounds, three steals and three assists. Christina Johnson added eight points.
Sallie Boltch scored a game-high 22 points for Hickory Christian.
Other Local Sports
- Charger girls avenge regular-season losses against Greenfield
- Southern Wayne boys win physical ECC championship game
- Rosewood boys dethrone Goldsboro as Carolina 1-A tournament champions
- Charger boys turn back Faith Christian-RM in CPIC semifinals
- Greenfield boys defeat WCDS, repeat as CPIC tournament champs
- Oakwood girls deny WCDS in CPIC title contest
- Weekend prep basketball boxes
- Trojan diamond nine sweep doubleheader from Alderson-Broaddus
- Younger's walk-off single lifts ECU past Youngstown St.
- Hines sets single-game assists record in MOC victory