By From staff reports
Published in Sports on March 8, 2011 1:47 PM
Rosewood 6, North Lenoir 1
* Rosewood captured five out of six points during singles play and defeated North Lenoir 6-1 on Monday afternoon.
Two of the doubles matches did not finish before darkness set in.
Cole Radcliff, Antonio Henriques, Zach Behrend, Daniel Alawar and Fuad Ismail each prevailed in singles play for the Eagles. The tandem of Behrend-Alawar won the only doubles match that finished.
Rosewood (1-0 overall) travels Wayne Christian on Thursday.
C.B. Aycock 5, Wilson Fike 4
* WILSON -- C.B. Aycock held off a stiff test in doubles play and seized a 5-4, non-conference victory over Wilson Fike on Monday afternoon.
The Golden Falcons ended the match with a win at No. 3 doubles where Michael Kearney-Rex Rose fought through a tiebreaker for an 8-7 win. The tandem of Bradley Wilson-Austin Walker also prevailed for C.B. Aycock.
Kearney, Walker, and Addison Vail each won their respective singles matches for the Golden Falcons (4-0 overall).
C.B. Aycock is the guest of South Johnston today.
Eastern Wayne 5,
Rocky Mount 4
* ROCKY MOUNT -- Steven Taylor captured a marathon three-set match during singles play and propelled Eastern Wayne to a 5-4 win over Rocky Mount on Monday afternoon.
Eastern Wayne also got a win in singles play from Chaz Fitzpatrick.
The Warriors swept doubles action as the tandems of Mike Barnette-Fitzpatrick, Cole Newsome-Taylor and Rafael Guerra-Joseph Chaney each claimed a victory respectively.
"I was really pleased in our doubles performance as a team," said Eastern Wayne head coach Craig Hassell. "We have to get that kind of consistent effort to finish off matches."
Eastern Wayne (3-0 overall) entertains Wilson Fike today.
Hobbton 8, Goldsboro 4
* NEWTON GROVE -- Needham Coor hurled a complete game, but it was not enough to push Goldsboro past Hobbton on Monday afternoon.
Asunji Maddox, J'Juan Brown, Sherrod Harvin, Zach Falconer, Adrian Super, Juwan Hall and Blake Mayo each tallied one hit for the Cougars.
Goldsboro (0-4 overall) travels to Wallace-Rose Hill on Wednesday.
Southern Nash 5, Southern Wayne 4
* BAILEY -- Southern Nash belted a walk-off triple in the bottom of the seventh inning to knock off Southern Wayne 5-4 on Monday night.
The Saints were led by Missy Morris and Carlie Heath, who each collected two hits apiece.
Madison Davis took the loss in the pitcher's circle despite throwing a complete game and striking out seven batters.
Southern Wayne plays host to South Lenoir today at 5 p.m.
Lane Tree Ladies Association
* Betty Jean Gurley earned game-of-the-week honors during play at Lane Tree Golf Club on Monday.
Betsy Clark won low net and Barbara Hill captured low putts.
* Baseball: Spring Creek 16, Rosewood 12 -- The Gators were led at the plate by Trey Hammonds' two-hit afternoon. Chad Spurgeon and Alan Coor each added two hits in the win. Spurgeon picked up the win on the pitcher's mound. Spring Creek (3-0 overall) travels to Greenwood on Wednesday.