Tiger offense comes alive in first inning
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on March 20, 2011 1:51 AM
BURGAW -- James Kenan erupted for six first-inning runs and cruised past Pender, 10-1, in Tri-County 1-A Conference play Friday evening.
The Tigers, who knocked out six consecutive hits in the opening-inning surge, claimed their first league win of the season in two tries.
Ricky Langston paced Kenan's offense with four hits, an RBI and scored three runs. Seth Bass doubled and plated two runs in a 2-for-4 effort. Tyler Haney tripled and drove in two runs.
Daniel Bostic, Kedron Foster (two RBI), Gunnar Wolz, TJ Fullwood and Corey Sutton (RBI) each had one hit for the Tigers.
Haney posted 13 strikeouts, scattered five hits and permitted one unearned run in a complete-game effort.
Other Local Sports
- Weekend preps digest
- Lawrence, three-time NCISAA 1-A baseball champ, turns back WCDS
- Chargers' Best scores four goals against Elon School
- Girls' All-Area Coach of the Year: Goldsboro's Latina Bullock-Davis
- Hawks slip past Trojans in ECC baseball
- Coffey, Heyduk spearhead Mount Olive's comebacks against Pfeiffer
- Boys' All-Area Coach of the Year: Southern Wayne's Russell Stephens
- Rosewood diamond 9 battle past Fike
- Early-inning support gives Limbaugh confidence
- Eastern Wayne rallies in 7th against Southern Wayne