By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 24, 2011 1:47 PM
North Duplin 17, Lejeune 3
* CALYPSO -- Alonna Pate tossed a complete game and North Duplin rolled past Lejeune 17-3 on the softball diamond Wednesday afternoon.
Pate struck out seven batters in the victory.
Skylar McCarty, Angelica Favela, Ansley Hill, Caitlin Davis and Pate each tallied one hit for the Rebels.
North Duplin travels to Princeton on Tuesday.
North Lenoir 13, Spring Creek 0
* SEVEN SPRINGS -- Dani Moulton tossed a no-hitter and North Lenoir rolled past Spring Creek, 13-0, on Wednesday afternoon.
Moulton struck out six batters and did not allow a walk.
Blythe Green led the Hawks at the plate with two hits and one RBI. Moulton also added two hits. Teammates Bre Langley and Amber Best each recorded one hit respectively.
North Lenoir (4-4 overall) plays host to Southern Wayne on Friday night.
C.B. Aycock 2, Wilson Beddingfield 1
* WILSON -- Cheyenne Warrick scored two goals and Charles B. Aycock held on defensively for a 2-1, non-conference win over Wilson Beddingfield on Wednesday.
Emily Borel and Alex Strickland each recorded an assist for the Golden Falcons.
Casey Scarboro finished with eight saves in goal.
C.B. Aycock (8-2-0 overall) is the guest of Princeton tonight.
Southern Wayne 1, North Lenoir 0
* LaGRANGE -- Southern Wayne scored the only goal midway through the first half and held off North Lenoir, 1-0, in Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference play Wednesday evening.
Cynthia Rivera collected a pass from Nichole Casto and scored the game's lone goal in the 25th minute.
Savanna Brown recorded nine saves to preserve the shutout in goal.
Casto scored the Saints' lone goal in a 4-1 loss to ECC foe South Johnston on Tuesday. It was Casto's eighth goal of the season.
Brown had 14 saves.
Southern Wayne (2-7-0 overall, 1-4-0 ECC) will play C.B. Aycock on Tuesday as part of the Cross-County Classic which will be held at Mount Olive College.
Rocky Mount 2, Southern Wayne 1
* ROCKY MOUNT -- Southern Wayne could not hold a slim lead in the late innings before eventually falling 2-1 to Rocky Mount on Wednesday afternoon.
Southern Wayne gained a 1-0 lead in the top of the sixth inning, but the Gryphons answered with two runs in the bottom half of the inning.
Kevin Wise took the loss on the pitcher's mound for the Saints.
Southern Wayne (7-3 overall) travels to North Lenoir on Friday.
North Lenoir 19, Spring Creek 4
* SEVEN SPRINGS -- North Lenoir got the bats going early and often in a 19-4, non-conference win over Spring Creek on Wednesday afternoon.
Chastin Radford and Spencer Bass each finished with three hits for the Hawks. Grayson Phillips, Rand Jackson, J.T. Williams and Jake Oleneicek each added two hits in the win.
Landon Letchworth earned the mound win.
North Lenoir (8-1 overall) plays host to Southern Wayne on Friday.
Cape Fear Christian 11, Wayne Christian 0
* Wayne Christian managed just two hits in an 11-0 loss to Cape Fear Christian on Wednesday.
Jordan Crouthamel and Bryce Norman each recorded one hit respectively in the defeat.
Wayne Christian (2-4 overall) travels to Community Christian on Friday.
Trask 4, James Kenan 1
* WARSAW -- Trask jumped out to a 3-0 lead after two innings and held on for a 4-1 win on Wednesday afternoon.
Tyler Haney and Seth Bass each recorded one hit in the defeat.
James Kenan (4-5 overall) plays host to Lakewood today.
C.B. Aycock 8, Wilson Hunt 1
* PIKEVILLE -- C.B. Aycock took five points during singles play and easily cruised past Wilson Hunt 8-1 in non-conference play on Wednesday.
Will Hoff, Bradley Wilson, Michael Kearney, Rex Rose and Austin Walker each triumphed during singles. The tandems of Sam Pierce-Rose, Wilson-Walker and Hoff-Kearney each won in doubles.
C.B. Aycock (9-1 overall) entertains Triton today.
Parrott Academy 9, Wayne Country Day 0
* KINSTON -- Parrott Academy dominated singles play and followed with a perfect performance in doubles to beat Wayne Country Day 9-0 on Wednesday.
Wayne Country Day (2-2 overall) is the guest of Rosewood on Monday.
* Baseball: Southern Wayne 10, Rocky Mount 9 -- Jacob Sasser belted the game-tying home run in the seventh inning and Southern Wayne rallied for a 10-9, non-conference victory. Cody Windorf scored the winning run and led the Saints at the plate with two hits. Nathan Barwick also added two hits. Thomas Kelly finished with one hit -- a home run. Braxton Hood earned the win on the pitcher's mound with three innings of relief. Southern Wayne (5-3 overall) battles North Lenoir on Friday.
* Soccer: Eastern Wayne 7, Spring Creek 0 -- Megan Mozingo and Mckalynn Baker each scored two goals for the Warriors. Ashlie Lee, Jordan Everett and Emily Richter each added one goal in the win. Eastern Wayne (4-0-0 overall) plays host to Greenwood on Wednesday.
Other Local Sports
- Area preps digest
- Golden Falcons' track finishes third
- Wayne Christian slips past Cresset Christian
- N. Lenoir-So. Wayne softball box
- N. Lenoir-So. Wayne baseball box
- Awards ceremony to honor area athletes
- Ayden-Grifton blanks Rosewood
- Greene Central tops SW Edgecombe
- North Duplin opens Carolina 1-A Conference play with win at Goldsboro
- Mozingo tosses gem as Eastern Wayne gets key road win