Lawrence Academy knocks off Wayne Country Day
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on March 27, 2011 1:51 AM
Lawrence Academy 16,
Wayne Country Day 5 (5 inn.)
• Cody Neal collected two hits in Wayne Country Day's 16-5, non-conference loss to perennial Independent schools powerhouse Lawrence Academy on Friday afternoon.
The teams were tied at 5-5 after four innings. The Warriors broke open a tight game with an eight-run, seventh-inning outburst.
Cole Davis batted 1-for-3 with an RBI. Mason Bland contributed a hit, while senior infielder Tyson Pearson drove in one run.
Davis struck out five Lawrence batters in 41⁄3 innings of work, and suffered the pitching loss. Pearson provided 22⁄3 innings of three-strikeout relief. The duo combined to allow 15 runs (13 earned) on 12 hits.
WCDS (3-3 overall) travels to The Epiphany School on Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Area preps digest
- Golden Falcons' track finishes third
- Wayne Christian slips past Cresset Christian
- N. Lenoir-So. Wayne softball box
- N. Lenoir-So. Wayne baseball box
- Awards ceremony to honor area athletes
- Ayden-Grifton blanks Rosewood
- Greene Central tops SW Edgecombe
- North Duplin opens Carolina 1-A Conference play with win at Goldsboro
- Mozingo tosses gem as Eastern Wayne gets key road win